Evidence-Based DNS Abuse Mitigation
Elevate Your Fight Against Abuse
How CleanDNS® Works
Initially informed by reputable abuse data sources including top domain abuse feeds, commercial, non-profit and academic DNS abuse feeds, CleanDNS® enhances abuse records with an evidence-based workflow to create actionable reports. Supplemented by iThreat’s connections to industry experts, notifiers and reporters in government, law enforcement, academia and research circles, CleanDNS® dashboard provides relevant insight and evidence, along with an effective way of managing abuse detection, reporting, and mitigation.
CleanDNS® Operates By:
Intake of DNS Abuse Report Sources
Identification of abuse activity via all top-level domains both gTLD (Generic Top-Level Domains) and country code top-level domains (ccTLD).
Domain / DNS Threat Data Evaluation
iThreat’s expert analysts evaluate the nature of the abuse, collected evidence from DNS, registration, screenshots, and 3rdparty sources as well as the context of the report.
Enabling Rapid Response and Mitigation
Managed notification process to minimize abuse uptime.
Customizable to Fit Your Anti-Abuse Management Needs
CleanDNS® can be tailored to integrate with the specific needs of your anti-abuse operations, in addition to measuring the effectiveness of your unique abuse mitigation policies:
- Expert analyst-supported anti-abuse programs that are custom policy driven
- Integration with existing back-end operations for outsourced abuse management solution
- User-friendly dashboard providing a comprehensive history and view of identified abuse activities and analyst evaluation records measurement
- Program measurement via analytics of volume, responsiveness and performance
- iThreat analyst investigative support augments abuse records with verified evidence and uncovers additional patterns of abuse, strengthening notification and mitigation efforts
- A centralized, collaborative and detail-oriented case management system keeps all data, documentation, and communications organized and accessible
The iThreat CleanDNS® dashboard is a command center that streamlines your abuse monitoring, tracking and mitigation activities.
How CleanDNS® Helps You
CleanDNS® provides registrars with evidence-based abuse management services that simplify and accelerate the abuse mitigation process. Interface options allow for reporting to resellers and/or hosting entities. CleanDNS® can also assist registrars by tracking and providing data to registries that offer incentive programs based upon the overall quality of the registrar’s domain portfolio, such as the Public Interest Registry’s Quality Program Index, which ultimately helps improve registrar margins.
CleanDNS® helps government agencies detect and mitigate domain-based abuse such as government service-based phishing or malware distribution originating in their country, while measuring effectiveness of overall mitigation strategies. The platform’s evidence abuse reporting simplifies and accelerates mitigation procedures. Early detection of abuse patterns and indicators by CleanDNS® assist with identification of likely sources of abuse and reduction of victimization of consumers to help government resources focus more on their services and less time processing complaints.